Give Your Kids a Long Healthy Life. Help Them Stop Drinking.
One of the worst things about alcohol abuse is the health problems it can lead to. In fact, if anyone you care about is a drinker, now is the time to get alcohol addiction help. Don’t wait until it causes other problems.
If you don’t get them to get help, here are the possibilities:
- Anemia – common side effects include lightheadedness, fatigue and shortness of breath but, even worse, anemia can cause heart failure and heart attack, strokes, enlarged spleen, inflammation in the mouth and difficulty swallowing.
- Cancer – mouth, pharynx (throat), larynx (voice box), esophagus, liver, breast, and colorectal region.
- Cardiovascular disease – drinking, especially drinking a lot in one sitting (binge drinking) causes blood clots which then can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Also, if you’re binge drinking and do have a heart attack, your chances of dying are twice what they would be if you hadn’t been binge drinking. There are also several other heart conditions caused by alcohol.
- Cirrhosis – the liver is tasked with cleaning out poisons from our body. But alcohol is poison to the liver. So when you drink alcohol, you are not only poisoning your liver, you’re poisoning your whole body because you’re stopping the liver from being able to get rid of other toxins in the body.
- Dementia – in addition to causing brain shrinkage and the memory loss and other problems that go along with that, one doctor said that alcohol effects “the higher-order abilities that allow us to maximize our function as human beings.” He’s talking about being able to plan things, to exercise correct judgment, to solve problems, and so on. In other words, we become more like an animal.
- Depression – some people drink because they’re ‘depressed’. Some elements of their life are really messed up. But instead of finding a way to solve their problems, they drink to forget them. Guess what? Drinking makes it worse.
- Seizures – did you know that drinking can give you epilepsy? And even if you don’t have epilepsy alcohol can still cause you to have seizures?
- Diseases of all sorts – because you’re immune system is damaged by alcohol. So … anything that’s going around, a drinker is more likely to get. And we’re not just talking about a little cold – we’re talking serious illness: pneumonia, tuberculosis, AIDS, STDs – things that actually risk your life.
- And how about incontinence, constipation, erectile dysfunction? All caused by nerve damage, which can be caused by drinking alcohol.
That’s a short list of what alcohol abuse can do to you.
And one more thing – early death. Which is to be expected when it causes so many health problems.
The body can only stand so much!
Don’t take drinking alcohol lightly. The television commercials may make it look like fun, but is it really worth risking your life for?
Call us if you need help. We’ve helped thousands of people find the alcohol addiction help they need.