Moms on Drugs
A recent news article said suburban moms are popping pills like Xanax and Percocet ‘just to get through the day.’ Most probably don’t realize they need addiction help. It’s up to family members and friends to get them that help.
Why are moms having such a hard time coping? There could be any number of reasons:
- They could have frequent headaches or other physical pains or discomforts.
- Could be they’re not getting enough sleep, or not getting restful sleep – which makes it more difficult to cope with anything.
- They may have a child with problems, maybe physical, maybe behavioral.
- Perhaps the problem is with the husband and they either don’t try to change the situation, or whatever they’ve been doing doesn’t work.
- Also, as much as moms love being moms, motherhood isn’t always enough to fill their lives. They may need and want to be pursuing other dreams and goals as well. And maybe they don’t have their husband’s agreement about doing other things. Or they can’t figure out how to do it without feeling guilty about not spending all their time with their kids. Or maybe they can’t figure out the logistics.
- Or maybe they have several kids and so much to do that they’re just run ragged.
But motherhood has been like this for a long time. What’s really different now is that it’s acceptable to just take drugs instead of finding real solutions to life’s problems. Whatever those problems – one way or another – there IS a solution.
Drugs are not the answer. In fact, the more drugged a person is, the less able they are to come up with solutions to their problems.
So, the very first step has to be getting off the drugs.
How do you do that? Give us a call at 855-889-0555. We can help you find an addiction treatment program that works. Working out the problems women have with their lives and helping them figure out how to well and truly change them is actually part of treatment – if you get a good program.
We know all about the programs across the U.S. and can make sure you find something that works for you!